Keyboard Maestro macro group as a menu for Tinderbox

This is a pretty simple and straightforward macro. It offers most of the menu options from Tinderbox on a palette. I leave on the bottom on my screen and set it to shrink automatically. You probably will have to add other macros to get all the functions you need, but I share it here so as to spread the idea.

I find it very unobtrusive and practical.

I don’t know how others use the menu functions (clicking on the menu every single time? memorizing all the shortcuts?). It would be great if it were possible to add other buttons to the toolbar, like one can do on DEVONthink.

Anyway, here is the file:

Link to download

6 Likes

Very nice. Thank you @Bernard-0.

Along these lines, I have a KM macro palette for Tinderbox and several other applications. The palette is specific to the application, with different macros depending on context, but the hot key is always ^\. So I don’t have to remember a lot of hot keys.

Also, KeyCue is a great help for getting access to shortcuts for any Mac application on a singe palette.

2 Likes

Could you kindly explain how to install the Macro Gorup in such a way that it’ll become available the way shown in your second Screenshot. Thanks

Of course!
Install the macro group, then click on the group on Keyboard Maestro. You’ll see something like this:

Make sure to choose a shortcut, or tick the option “… menu entry is clicked” so that you’ll have a way to activate the palette. Then click on Palette Style and make sure to tick the option Shrink.

In case you want to make it look similar to mine, these are the configurations. After you activate the palette, just drag it to the bottom of the screen and then hover the mouse on top of it to activate.

Let me know once you manage to do it or if you have any other question.

1 Like

Sorry. But it’s really not working for me.

Your first screenshot only show the Macros … but where is the Group you installed the stuff in beforehand?

“Make sure to chose a shortcut” … alright, I did: But in your screenshot I do no see any shortcut selected …

Last not least: Your Palette Style Windows includes all Shortcuts … mine only does show one – namely the selected one.

Any ideas?
Cheers!

Here is the group. I had merely cropped it out of the screen capture.

What I meant about the shortcut is that you need a way to activate the palette. There are several ways to do it. One of them is using the hotkey field you see there. Another one is clicking on the Keyboard Maestro menu:

Here are some important things to pay attention in the palette configurations:

Also, make sure that each individual macro is enabled.

Sorry, but I couldn’t make sense of this.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks for the advice, @PaulWalters. :slight_smile: I’ll try Keycue again (I tried it a couple of times, but never got the hang of it. Perhaps trying it with Tinderbox will warm me up to it).

Thanks Bernardo, Your use of Keyboard Maestro in conjunction with TB is a great idea. It resolves a number of problems with my workflows.

1 Like

Just the Basics – thus: First things first: How can one import your Macros ins one Macro-Group? It really does noch work for me. Sorry

If you can import them at all, all you have to do is drag and drop once they are there.

Would it be possible to repost this? It looks very useful.
Thanks!

Sure, here it is:

EDIT: The folder moved, but it is still there under Files > Keyboard Maestro

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @Bernard-0.

Are there any descriptions what the DevonthinkScripts are doing?

You’re welcome.

The titles offer a small description. Is there any script that you couldn’t figure out the purpose of?

Hi @abusch, sure, you can find it here.

@eastgate, could you perhaps allow older posts to be edited (this is a discourse setting, I believe) so I can update the link in the first post? Thanks.

Yes, many thanks - I had just found it and therefore cancelled the post. Many thanks for the hint, though!
One question since I’m in touch with you: how do I influence the position of the pallet on the screen? I’d like to have it at the bottom of the screen but don’t know how to move it there…

Just click and drag :slight_smile: if you can’t find a spot to click without activating a macro, just enable the title to be displayed in the palette and you won’t have any problems.

Of course, you could also use the “sticky palette” macro to have it move automatically.

Thanks - required some clicking, but eventually I found out how it works! Many thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like