Later versions on High Sierra

Instead of using my MacBook with an external monitor, I decided to revive an old 27" iMac by upgrading its HDD to SSD, which meant reverting to High Sierra. When the upgrade to 8,8 was advertised, I went to download it, but found the instruction that if using High Sierra, version 8,5 should be used. I already have 8.6 on the machine, which seems to work.

Sorry if this seems a silly question to ask, but what is likely to happen if I carry on using 8.6? In other words, is it important to downgrade to 8.5 on High Sierra. I can still run an up-to-date version of TB on my MacBook or in a Parallels VM, but it would be convenient to run it on the iMac. Of course, the best option would be to buy a new iMac, but that is a bigger decision.

I believe that Tinderbox 8.8.0 will be fine on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later. But it’s quite possible that Tinderbox 9 will requires 10.14 (Mojave).

The web page is extra-conservative; there were some intermediate releases that had trouble on 10.12, but I think it’s OK now.

Thanks for this. The side benefit from thinking it might not run was that I installed Mojave on a virtual machine and began thinking about a nice new iMac.

I have a question.
So what version of Tinderbox will work well with OSX 10.11, El Capitan?
From Tinderbox 8.2 to Tinderbox 8.5.1, though, it worked consistently.
Thx and regards, WAKAMATSU

I’m not sure. I’d suggest 8.5.1; it’s possibly 8.6.2 would be ok (https://www.eastgate.com/download/tbx862.dmg)

Dear Eastgate.
Thank you for your answer.
I am going to follow your recommendation and I will use Tinderbox 8.5.1.,
and will try Tinderbox 8.6.2 if I have enough time.
Thx and regards, WAKAMATSU