Meetup SUNDAY: December 4. WHATS NEW IN TINDERBOX 9.5

Time: SUNDAY, December 4, 2022 12:00 noon Eastern Time (US and Canada)

WHAT’S NEW IN TINDERBOX 9.5 . Tinderbox designer Mark Bernstein will give a brief tour of some of the key new features in the big new Tinderbox release.

PLUS: Bring your projects and puzzlements. Let the community lend a hand.

9 AM Pacific Time
Noon Eastern time
1300 São Paulo
1600 UTC
1700 London
1800 Paris
2130 Delhi

Beginners especially welcome!

7 Likes

9.5 !!!

1 Like

Chat log from today:
meeting_saved_chat.txt.zip (4.0 KB)

1 Like

How’d it go? Really sorry I missed it. Buried by deadline.

Video: Meetup 4 Dec 2022 on Vimeo

2 Likes

As noted at the talk, v9.5.0 should be out real soon, likely this week.

As well as all the features/fixes mentioned, Eastgate have put a lot of unseen work into issues like embedded images and using the preview features for internal display vs export display and make these things work for the different sub-groups of users. As users this aspect of the dev work is hidden from us; but as a beta tester I’d like to acknowledge that, especially in this case, that hidden still goes on and some things take longer than expected.

A full list of changes should be in the app Help, and in a new release of aTbRef for v9.5. The latter will be a new ‘baseline’ of aTbRef (’/atbref9/’ → ‘/atbref95/’ in URLs) as some of its content moves around, so you may need to update some saved bookmarks when it is out. In addition I’ve put a lot of work into harmonising the way (action code) operators are described to try and make it earlier for learners to bootstrap from using one operator to using others without it being a case of copy-pasting ‘magic’ code. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the Vimeo link … this is an exciting release!

I’m all for “quick entry” and the new prototype/link feature (via @ and #) looks really handy.

Also, restricting myself from using images in the past was a bummer, glad to see that’s no longer an issue.

Thanks for all the great work!

(I knew my annual subscription was going to be worth it :slight_smile: )