Problems with Dropbox watch folder

Hello everyone,

I am testing Tinderbox – thank you very much, Eastgate, for generously making a fully functional and non-expiring demo version available. I set up Tinderbox to watch a Dropbox folder (267 .txt or .md files; tot. size: 1.9 MB). Tinderbox did an excellent job at retrieving all those notes, but:

1. Tinderbox becomes very slow if I try to work with those notes – for example, if I try to select them and move them around in map view. I am working on a late 2016, 8-GB MBP running MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 (18B75).

2. Even if I deselect the ReadOnly checkbox in the Tinderbox editor, I am unable to modify the notes.

I am sure I am missing something because I cannot have already reached the uppermost limit of notes Tinderbox is able to manage – perhaps it’s because I am using the trial version? – and I can do a lot of intensive image analysis and processing on my MBP with no appreciable delay. I was therefore wondering whether someone in this forum could be so kind to help me understand what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico

What’s in the notes?

Send a copy of the document to bernstein@eastgate.com; I’d be happy to take a look.

Dear eastgate,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Would you like me to send you a couple of example notes or would you like me to send you a copy of the Tinderbox file? If the latter, I will have to delete some notes from it because it currently contains sensitive information. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Enrico

Delete the sensitive notes, if you will, and send it along.

On ReadOnly: You’ll might need to deselect and reselect a note in order to change the text. But beware: if this note is still inside the watch folder, your edits will be replaced.

Finally, since your document is well over the limit of 32 notes, of course you won’t be able to add new notes.

Thank you very much for the helpful clarification on ReadOnly.

I have deleted the sensitive notes (~45 of the 267 notes in the watched folder); Tinderbox’s behavior is unfortunately no different — i.e. still sluggish. At any rate, I have just emailed the Tinderbox file to bernstein@eastgate.com. Thank you very much for looking into that for me.

Best regards,
Enrico