Scripting a tour through a map

Your link is to a Prezzi [sic] file not a Tinderbox file. This might be the problem.

I’m sorry, I am not sure I understand. I don’t mean to sound rude - I am aware working in my first language :slight_smile:. So, do please ask if you still need help to open the tutorial file.

Dear mwra,
I have a same trouble using your starter file for TinderBox v.8.5.0.
[Starter file updated for v8.5.0]
Right-hand side"map view" completely turned black.
I can not change even follow your advices, to open your starter tutorial file , then Document Settings (Cmd+8), Colors tab and select ‘Tinderbox 7’ and apply.
Still black colour ! with TinderBox 8.6.5 under Sierra OSX 10.12.6.
thx and regards, WAKAMATSU kunimitsu

I got this former tutrial from
Scripting a tour through a map.
by Lizard-of-Oz.

I’m very confused:

The view pane (what were ‘major views’ in v5) is always the left pane of the Document Window.

The latest version is v8.6.2!

Could you upload a copy of the problem file to the forum? (it allows TBX file uploads)

Dear mwra,

Sorry my type missing. TinderBox 8.6.2 is correct.
I will send your tax file.
starter8-5.tbx (274.4 KB)

Dear mwra,
I need to correct an entry such as from your tax file to your Starter 8-5 tbx. file.
I wrote the wrong naming.

I don’t have v8.5.x installed, only v8.6.2. In that app, the TBX file works correctly. In case it helps, I have taken the file you have uploaded and, on my Mac, re-applied the ‘Tinderbox 7’ colour scheme.

† I am using the current, patched, macOS 10.14.6.

Here is the file: starter8-5.tbx (279.6 KB)

If you still have a problem, I suggest contacting support (info@eastgate.com) as something else may be corrupted.

I’ve checked the original file you downloaded ()and it does not show the problem you describe so this suggests the problem is caused by changes you have made since downloading it.

Dear mwra,

Fall into place.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Happy to help! Thank you :grinning: