Strange behaviour with MyDate

Hi all

I have discovered
mydate.tbx (132.8 KB)
a strange behaviour with MyDate. I have 4 notes to test and could reproduce the behaviour.

In the example notes 1, 2 and 3 were copied from my project. I have just created note 4.

When I close the Tinderbox document and reopen it, MyDate.hour is reduced by 1 hour.

What is strange, why is this happening and why is it only happening with note 1, 2 and 3 but not note 4?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Interesting, your TBX looks fine once downloaded but here it crashes v9.7.3 on document open ( repeatably).

That said, an off-but-one-hour issue sounds like a possible internal time zone/summer time issue. This might be one to send to tech support.

Thanks Mark, will do. I am working with Version 9.7.2 (b665)

1 Like

Interestingly, using the latest (non-public) beta, the document opens OK. Clearing some errors for missing templates (due to copy/pasting the notes) has no effect. Note: your document still crashes in v9.7.3b6.8.0.

Anyway, closing/re-opening your text document, Notes 1 through 3 show time of 02:00:00 +0100 (Note my Mac is in UK summer time) and #4 0&:00:00 +0100. These remain unchanging.

Don’t know if this helps, but I opened the tbx and

• no crash
  • dates of Note 1, 2 and 3 is 1984-03-03 at 01:00
  • date for Note 4 is 1984-06-03 at 07:00

I’m on Tinderbox Version 9.7.0 (b654)

3 Likes

Thanks! For future posters, it also is very helpful to know:

• your timezone
  • whether the dates change, or not, when you close and reopen the document.
1 Like

I’m on CET summertime and I can see no change in the dates in MyDate when closing/opening the document

1 Like

I’m on CEST (Central European Summer Time) and Tinderbox crashes every time I try to open the mydate.tbx file.
I’m in Tinderbox 9.7.3 (b673)

Could you email me the crash log? tinderbox@eastgate.com