The Tinderbox Way: 3rd Edition

A new and greatly-expanded edition of Mark Bernstein’s book about the design of Tinderbox.

http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/TinderboxWay.html

3 Likes

Have just ordered now, from Dublin! Congrats on getting this done.

It’s on my iPad now. A great treat.

Thanks!

For those who downloaded the ePub version on Friday, there’s a new ePub available at the same download address. The new version has nicer formatting.

It’s a terrific read so far. If it becomes available in a paper version, I’ll buy a copy of that too.

1 Like

A paper edition is planned, but will take a a couple of months.

2 Likes

The Third Edition is a major step forward. The discussion is clearer and more revealing of the depth and potential of Tinderbox. Although I use it virtually constantly, this edition points to many ways I can improve what Tinderbox can do for me.

Small suggestion: if there is an opportunity to open the PDF file, the version I have contains several blank pages. Not a biggie. I only noticed when odd and even page numbers flipped back and forth when I printed two-up two-sided.

A wonderful new edition, profoundly helpful. I did spot one other issue in the PDF version: for some reason, the cell borders don’t show up in the reproduced Treemap Figures 10-3 and 10-4. They come through loud and clear in the EPUB version, however.

Will you announce / send out an email when the paper edition is out? I’d like to order when that’s ready.

Yes – we’ll announce it on the Eastgate-List.

If anyone is NOT a member of the Eastgate-List, it’s a low-volume announcement list for updates, new editions, and similar news. You can sign up at http://www.eastgate.com/ , or just email a request to bernstein@eastgate.com and we’ll take care of it.

I wonder if you know now whether the price difference between electronic and paper is likely to be as it was, viz. $35 vs. $50?

I don’t have the final numbers on the print version, but it’ll be in that ballpark.

Is the Hard Copy edition on the Web site the latest version as well?

It’s not: we hope to have a new hardcover shortly after the next big release.

Ah. Okay. Thanks. I’ll order when that happens. For now, I have the PDF.

Definitely going to pick this up. Thanks. See alot of possible applications for Tinderbox in my brain/world. Been wanting reduce the number of applications I am using. Tinderbox will make some other things redundant and it fits with the way I work and think. But I am struggling a little. This should help.

Any update re eta of print version??

Tied up with another writing project, and indexed has been swamped. But should be ready this fall.