Tinderbox 10, and a new aTbRef baseline

Tinderbox 10 is here. As a new major versions, aTbRef moves to a new baseline (website): A Tinderbox Reference File. Also:

• Changes in v10: v10.0.0b684 (11 Jul 2024)
  • atbref.com now points to the v10 baseline site.
  • No further changes will be made to the aTbRef95 baseline but I will soon update it , like other old baselines with a page-head banner indicating it is out of date.

To do:

• PDFs of aTbRef10 & the app manual. This might take a bit longer (because reasons)

I’m hoping this is the first time I’ll get a new baseline done with no missed legacy links. Even so, if you spot anything broken/missing or pointing to the old site do please let me know. If I know of a glitch, then I can find it and fix it.

If you find the site of use, contributions to domain/server/tool costs are welcomed - there is a donate link in the footer of all pages. Regardless, I stress the atbref website is and remains free for all to use, reflecting that need and funds are not always matching.

5 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks again for this gigantic contribution to the community :pray::pray:

1 Like

Fixed a glitch (wrong filename for the fuzzy search page) now fixed.

Kudos to @TomD for the quick spotting and reporting.

aTbREf95 baseline site pages now have (where pertinent) a redirect banner at the top of the page indicating there is a newer baseline. The link in the banner points to atbef.com which always points to the current baseline (i.e. the home page of aTbRef10 at present). This approach is used because:

• Article names (their URLs) and the outline structure of aTbRef have changed over the years. For instance, a lot of action code operator articles changed going from v9 to v9.5 baseline, they having otherwise been stable since v5 baseline.
  • By having a common re-direct to atbref.com, I can keep all old baselines online with a link to the current baseline without worrying about differing article name/outlines in different sites or having to update retired baselines.
    • For longterm and power users, having access to old documentation, can be useful if updating old TBXs and their code in order to understand how features have changed over time.
  • in many cases, changing the baseline in the URL allows you to change ‘version’ of a page (if the article name/location is the same).
    • Baselines, as seen in URLs, go: tbx, atbref45, atbref46, atbref5, atbref6, atbref7, atbref8, atbref9, atbref95.
  • currently, URLs should be pretty stable/consistent for baseline atbref95 and the current atbref10.

To point out the obvious: the massive amount of work, and fierce dedication to staying on task, that @mwra, Mark Anderson has devoted to aTbRef and one-on-one support, for countless years (may seem like centuries to him), is probably the highest example of end user support of any software in the Mac world.

15 Likes

Fixed a snafu for page in Gaudi view. Now peresent: Gaudi view.

[thanks to @PaulWalters for spotting this one]

I’d omitted to document the new Gaudi view’s context menu. Now done: Gaudi view context menu.

As a result, the sitemap, images and various other files including the TBX are updated.