Tinderbox 10: browse all badges

Hello! I understand that Tinderbox 10 has treasure trove of 1000s of badges, but how can I discover them all?

For example, searching for “bubbles” in the UI for adding a badge shows me that there’s (finally!) a built-in ‘sf-bubbles.and.sparkles’, but I don’t see it under the “Classic,” “Avatars”, “Icons”, etc collections without searching and holding my breath. :smile:

Best,
Rob

There is no built-in visual browser for the full ‘SF’ macOS set of icons, or one in the OS itself. However, you can download and install the Apple dev tools SF Symbols Beta app (needs macOS 13+). Note that coloured variations of icons (as seen in the latter app) are not supported in Tinderbox 10.

Oh! I didn’t understand that those new badges were coming from Apple. I see now why there’s an additional layer to navigate, thanks.

Actually, this is in that you can conduct a search in the badge selection window.

If you are in outline cick here:

You can then conduct a search:

I learned this in last week’s meetup: Tinderbox Meetup Sunday 13 Jul., 2024: Tinderbox 10 Review, Explode, and Each Line Stream Parsing - #2 by satikusala

1 Like

Thanks. The search is nice, but I was looking to browse all the available badges, since I don’t necessarily know what badges are called.

After reading “What’s new,” I was thinking that the badges were somehow in Tinderbox, so I was expecting Tinderbox to give me a way to see them all. But I was wrong about that, of course.

The problem is that a list of 5000 badge names isn’t really useful! Nor is a window with 5000 images scrolling by. (Trust me, I tried it…)

The search is rather smart about looking up related terms — suitcase, for example, gets badges named “briefcase” and “purse”.

2 Likes

Now that I know that I can wile away my time looking through these > 5000 symbols outside of Tinderbox, I have no need to do that in Tinderbox.

The search is impressive. The one that Apple has in its SF Symbols browser seems to do substring matching only.