Tinderbox Forum

Tinderbox and Hook - moving notes

I saw the discussion from a few months back about using Hook and Tinderbox. I’ve used Hook for awhile but until I saw the discussion, I didn’t know you could link to a specific note in Tinderbox. That’s a game changer for me and my workflows. The only issue I’m running into is that if I move the note within Tinderbox, Hook seems to lose track of it. I’ve looked at the URL Hook generates and it incorporates the Tinderbox URL for the note but it also incorporates the outline levels as well. I’m not sure Hook needs to include the outline levels as part of the link.

Anyone have any solutions or advice other than never move your Hook linked notes?

I suggest explaining the issue at the Hook Forum. The owner, CogSci, is very interested in suggestions for improving or adding to the integration scripts included with Hook, and there are several folks there who have actively contributed suggestions. (Some of them are members here, too.)

You can add your own scripts to Hook – if you want to modify the ones provided by CogSci. Personally, I think it’s best to stay with the ones CogSci provides since they will be professionally maintained over the long term.

Thanks! I added a similar post to their forum.