Tinderbox and Hook - moving notes

For those without Hookmark and wanting to use @_Bil’s solution, as an alternativeyou can also use a File-type attribute and link to an alias of the desired file—that is essentially what you’re doing via Hookmark. However, the joy of the latter is you don’t have to make an actual alias in Finder to which to link a File type attribute; instead, you just use a URL-type attribute with a stored Hookmark link.

Bill

Thanks for posting your workflow with HookMark.
Question: How do you handle HookMarking from a Tinderbox note to multiple files from the attribute. In other words, if you have multiple HookMarks you want to link to one Tinderbox note, how are you storing them?
Are you using a single Hookmark attribute or several, one for each URL?

Thanks
Tom

Actually, I learned from Luc and @TomD that there is much more to the Hookmark experience than pasting the URL in $Text or an Attribute.

Also, let’s not mistake that $File is a path to a file and Hookmark is a universal $URL that can be used to link not just to file but other resources. When I have time and get the latest moving issue figured out on my end I’ll explain

Sure. It’s certainly not evident from the Hookmark documentation.

In response to TomD’s question:

Thanks for posting your workflow with HookMark.
Question: How do you handle HookMarking from a Tinderbox note to multiple files from the attribute. In other words, if you have multiple HookMarks you want to link to one Tinderbox note, how are you storing them?
Are you using a single Hookmark attribute or several, one for each URL?

For my own workflow, my Tinderbox URL attribute typically links via Hook to a single folder. I create that folder to hold everything that pertains to the specific Tinderbox note. There is nothing else in that specific folder. That folder can be a subfolder within a larger parent folder.

Back in Tinderbox, I only need a single attribute to hold the Hook link to all the files that relate to the note.

1 Like