Tinderbox Lesson - Write and Export Notes in Markdown

Tinderbox Lesson - Write and Export Notes in Markdown

Level Intermediate
Published Date 4/2/23
Revision 1
Type Lesson
Tags 5Cs, 5Cs Learning and Knowledge Management, Attributes, BBEdit, Export, File Extension, Markdown, Prototype, Tinderbox
Video Length 07:01
Video URL Tinderbox Lesson - Write and Export Notes in Markdown - YouTube
Example File TBX L - Soccer Team Pivot Becker.tbx (183.6 KB)
TBX Version 9.5
Instructor Michael Becker

In this Tinderbox lesson, I show you how to copy or export your notes written in markdown out of Tinderbox. I briefly explain how you can write different templates to have Tinderbox render HTML vs. plain text. I then show how to use the export tab; you can copy your markdown out of Tinderbox or use the Export Selected Note (under the file menu) to export your markdown note. In addition, I explain how you can use a prototype to distinguish your markdown notes from other notes and instruct Tinderbox to use a .md rather than a .html extension when exporting from Tinderbox.

![](/Users/michaelbecker/MyGDrive/DevonThinkTBXDB/Media/TBX L - Export to Markdown.jpeg)

You’re Invite to Become My Patron

You’re Invite to Become My Patron

I would be grateful for your support. These training materials take a significant amount of time and resources. I am a teacher for all, whether you have the means to provide support or not; however, if you do have the means and are getting value from my materials, please join my Tinderbox Patreon channel and click the link below.

:pray: Click here: Become My Patron:pray:

Please comment

Please help with the development of future sessions by answering the three questions below.

• What were your top 2~3 key takeaways from this lesson?
  • What do you want to learn next? Learn more about?
  • What exercises would help reinforce your learning?