Tinderbox Meetup Saturday 1st, April 2023

Looking forward to the meetup.

Time: Saturday, April 1st, 2023, 12:00 noon Eastern Time (US and Canada)

9 AM Pacific Time
Noon Eastern time
1300 São Paulo
1600 UTC
1700 London
1800 Paris
2130 Dehli

Zoom link for the meetup: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8850659900?pwd=ZE9ROUs1czNiK2FTTStjTUJuVkIydz09

Agenda

There is no set agenda yet. Comment, and let’s figure out what we want to discuss.

I’ll be traveling the next couple weeks, so will miss meetups. Have fun, all!

You’ll be missed. Have fun. BTW, still waiting on your process demo. :slight_smile: Let us know when you’re ready to demo and we’ll get you scheduled.

Thanks! Yes, I have been meaning to - but have been encamped in India and traveling to the Far East too, so my hours are bad. Hopefully back to daytime hours in a few months.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m new to Tinderbox, and everything else related to Macs, lol. I am learning about Tinderbox because there’s nothing comparable to it on Windows. Theres a lot! Which is great because I think it can do exactly what I am looking to accomplish.

What I want to accomplish is to have Tinderbox generatively create notes/workflows based on text in a PDF or multiple PDFs, either imported from DevonThink or a PDF imported directly into Tinderbox.

Why do I want to do this?
I currently use Logseq on Windows, and while I can create notes myself, I am looking for more of a generative solution via ChatGPT-4. Kind of like my own Wiki generated from Machine Learning. I don’t see why it cannot be done, it would just need some (or a lot) of configuring to get it working.

Ideas on how to accomplish this…
I seen the livestream on March 4th about integrating ChatGPT into Tinderbox, and I think that method can work for this task.

1. This will have to be accomplished with an external programming language such Python/Javascript + AppleScript (for DevonThink automation). 
2. Scanning PDF(s) into some data structure to query into a prompt (either natively in Tinderbox or imported from DevonThink via AppleScript (if possible))
3. Return data from Python either into a new note (As demonstrated on March 4th livestream)
	We can talk worry about exporting at another time, lol. 

Example use case:
If I were studying for a certification exam, and I wanted GPT-4 to generate new scenarios based on the ones listed in the book(s).

1 Like

Chat log: meeting_saved_chat.txt.zip (3.5 KB)

Thanks so much for the insightful session @satikusala . Learnt a lot :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

2 Likes