Tinderbox Meetup SUNDAY Dec 3: Information Gardening with Jorge Arango

Time: SUNDAY, December 3, 2023, 12:00 noon Eastern Time (US and Canada)

INFORMATION GARDENING with Information Architect Jorge Arango.

Jorge Arango is an information architect, author, and educator. For the past 25 years, he has used architectural thinking to bring clarity and alignment to digital products and services. He’s the author of Living in Information: Responsible Design for Digital Places , co-author of Information Architecture: for the Web and Beyond , and host of The Informed Life podcast. Besides consulting, writing, and podcasting, Jorge also teaches in the graduate interaction design program at the California College of the Arts.

His next book, DULY NOTED, explores Information Gardening in Obsidian and in Tinderbox.

9 AM Pacific Time
Noon Eastern time
1300 São Paulo
1600 UTC
1700 London
1800 Paris
2130 Delhi

Zoom link for the meetup: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Alas, I shall miss this; as I’ll be travelling.

This event was AWESOME!!! You must see the video. Will post.

3 Likes

Agreed, this was one of the best Tinderbox meetups so far.

Today’s discussion with Jorge Arango got me thinking about building a “Personal Knowledge Garden” entirely in Tinderbox; I’ve been using the “Linking Your Thinking” toolkit in Obsidian to do that, and Jorge clearly has a a lot of familiarity with Obsidian.
But, when I look closely at how I’m using Obsidian, the framework is basically a collection of text notes with properties and a folder structure, with intelligence supplied by Dataview plug-in code that builds “Maps” of links.
Tinderbox has that entire framework, plus a more powerful framework of Prototypes, Queries, and programmable action code … plus built-in views that promote discernment and boost perception.
I’m mindful of the comments about focusing on tools over understanding.
Anyways, I’m off to continue building this framework …

Looking forward to it! I’m up in the mountains of North-eastern India with limited and intermittent network connection. Quite untamed and beautiful here, with the occasional stunningly beautiful monastery visit :slight_smile:

I will look forward to the video of this one too. Was in transit yesterday. Thanks JF

Yes, I agree. As you know, that is why I am building my entire knowledge efforts (my 5Cs) around Tinderbox as the centralized app within my vast ecosystem of knowledge management tools.

1 Like