Tinderbox Meetup Video- Sunday, July 16, 2023: Back to The Basics, Key Fundamental TBX Concepts and How to Execute Them

Tinderbox Meetup Video- Sunday, July 16, 2023: Back to The Basics, Key Fundamental TBX Concepts and How to Execute Them

Level Intermediate
Published Date 7/16/23
Type Meetup
Tags 5Cs, 5Cs Learning and Knowledge Management, Abstraction, Action Code, Argument, Attribute, Data Type, Designator, Export Code, Expression, Hierarchy, Inheritance, Note, Object, Offset, Ontology, Parsing, Protoypte, Recursion, Recursive, Stamp, Syntax, Variable
Video Length 01:48:49
Video URL Tinderbox Meetup Video- Sunday, July 16, 2023: Back to The Basics-A Fundamental Concepts Review - YouTube
Example File TBX L - 16JUL23 Meetup.tbx (320.1 KB)
TBX Version 9.5
Instructor Michael Becker

In this Tinderbox meetup, we go back to the basics. We delve into the following fundamental Tinderbox concepts and the step-by-step walkthrough and how to execute them through a series of examples: a stamp, taking meeting notes, and parsing tasks.

Key Concepts We Covered

• Note aka and Object
  • Attribute
  • Data Type
  • Syntax
  • Prototype
  • Inheritance
  • Hierarchy
  • Action Code
  • Export Code
  • Expression
  • Variable
  • Offset
  • Designator
  • Stamp
  • Argument

We give examples of the following:

• Performing math
  • The four ways to “identify” a note:
    • A notes name, i.e., $Name
    • A note’s path, i.e., $Path - A note’s ID, e.g., $ID
    • A note’s IDString, e.g., $IDString
  • Collecting notes from other note
  • Extracting tasks from meeting notes

Please comment

Please help with the development of future sessions by answering the three questions below.

• What were your top 2~3 key takeaways from this lesson?
  • What do you want to learn next? Learn more about?
  • What exercises would help reinforce your learning?
2 Likes

Hello Michael. I suggest you update the title here and on YouTube to July 16, not July 8.

Yup, copy and paste error. Thanks.

1 Like