Tinderbox to the rescue, again

Two hours before a key meeting today I received an email with 90 suggestions from a constituent group, and a request to setup a structure to address them at the meeting.
Dragging the email into a new Tinderbox document, I reviewed the long list of bullets and used Explode Note to extract all of the individual paragraphs.
In Outline mode I built a quick outline structure along the lines of “Mission,” “Objectives,” “Strategies,” and “Tactics.”
I started dragging the key suggestions into groups within the “Tactics” container, and moved it to a new tab so that I could check it using the Chart View–a quick way to get a mind map of the information.
Then I started creating manual links from the 90+ suggestions to the appropriate Tactics.
Once done, I hoisted the result into a new tab and displayed it using Hyperlink view, which neatly showed all of the links from the myriad suggestion notes to the outline structure.
Done … and I was able to meet the meeting deadline and neatly summarize all of the input in a logical framework for the meeting attendees.
Not a sophisticated Tinderbox document, but another success story in getting great work done with a great product.

11 Likes

Great use of what I suspect is an view that doesn’t get enough respect :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Stars for PaulC @ptc97504

• For converting data → knowledge and wisdom

Maybe Paul should tell his constiuents about the Tinderbox wizardry…
nah, let Paul continue to shine!

Tom

2 Likes