Tinderbox Training Video 48 - Demystifying Action Code Part 1

Tinderbox Training Video - Demystifying Action Code

Level Fundamental
Published Date 5/10/21
Type How To
Tags 4CKMSME, 4Cs of Knowledge Management, Sense-Making, and Exchange, Action Code, Coding, Export Code, Syntax, Tinderbox, aTbRef
Video Length 33:19
Video URL Tinderbox Video - Demystifying Action Code Part 1 terminology - YouTube
Example File TBL - L Demystifying Action Code Part 1 [terminology].zip (1.1 MB)
Revision 1
TBX Version 8.9
Instructor Michael Becker
Acknowledgements Lew Friedland @lfriedla, Mark Anderson @mwra, Tom Diaz @TomD, Bruce Gale @bmgphd, Mark Bernstein @eastgate

In this lesson, I demystify action code, a systematic method for interacting with and transforming the value of an attribute. I first provide a context for action code by explaining Tinderbox, what a note is, and what attributes are. I then explain what action code and export code are and what they do. With this background explain, in detail, the four functions that action code performs in Tinderbox and the six functional areas where action code is used. I also go over, in detail, the syntax of action code, i.e. the set of rules that defines the combinations of symbols (e.g. $, { }, ( ), , ;, ", =, ==, !=, etc.) and expressions structures used in Tinderbox action code.

TBL - L Demystifying Action Code Part 1 terminology

1 Like

Michael, thank you. These action code videos are a great introduction. Clarified some questions I have had for a long time. I strongly recommend these to anyone who is new to Tinderbox.

1 Like

Yes, greatly useful and informative, as are the others!

1 Like