Up/Down Arrow+[Cmd]+[Opt]

I have a question regarding keyboard shortcuts that aren’t working as expected.

(But first, is this the right place for support requests? If not, where should I ask this instead?)

My question: According to TBRef (and my memory of how Tinderbox used to work), Up/Down Arrow+[Cmd]+[Opt] is supposed to selected the previous/next $OutlineOrder item in main view when the text pane is in focus. For me, only Down Arrow+[Cmd]+[Opt] works in this manner; Up Arrow+[Cmd]+[Opt] does nothing.

I do use apps like Keyboard Maestro and BetterTouchTool, but even when I disable those, this problem persists.

I’m using Tinderbox 8.6.2 (b452), on macOS 10.15.4.

Thanks for any help, and please let me know if more details are needed.

This may not help, but both Up and Down arrow keys work for me in the way advertised. Nested groups do not expand when the cursor moves into the group, but if that group is open then the behaviour is as expected i.e. the highlight moves to the next note. I’m using Tinderbox 8.6.2 (b452) under 10.15.4. exactly as you are.

Interestingly, OMM (v8.6.2b452, macOS 10.14.6) Cmd+Opt+↑ doesn’t work but Cmd+Opt+↓ does. Also no other utility apps, as might interfere, are running.

This is exactly how it is for me too (only my explanation wasn’t quite as clear as yours!)

1 Like

Thanks, though it sounds like you are talking about when the outline view is in focus? The issue I’m having comes when the text pane is in focus. Ie, when I’m working in the note’s text.

My error, I should have added, I’d reported this (off-forum) so treat this as a ‘known issue’, unless people have radically different experiences which might help identify the cause of the failure.

Thank you, good to know so I won’t spend more time trying to solve this myself!

1 Like

This will be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes