I’ve been using TB for a while now. Mostly for notes and some planning. Over the COVID-19 period I needed a fast agile system to keep connected and look after people in a church (I’m a church minister). TB performed really well and helped keep on top of who was isloated, in hospital, who had been called, who needed a call, etc.
I had planned to build a complete CRM in PanX, but have not been relishing the learning curve. TB having managed so well, has made me wonder if it would work as a type of CRM in my context?
What are the requirements?
- Contact info - easily done with attributes
- Keep log of contact with individuals - also possible
- View data via different attributes - attribute browser.
- Manage tasks/projects - I’ve done this in the past so it is possible.
So far so good. There are a few more complex (for me!) needs:
- Relating individuals to families and households. It would be useful to know who is married to whom, who is related to whom and who is living in the same household. - Not sure how to accomplish this.
- View attributes in different ways. We celebrate special events such as birthdays and anniversaries. Can TB take the data such as DOB and display it in terms of age in a list by month?
There are many other aspects that I would want to add over time. Things such as who is volunteering where, booking and room hire, policy management, charity commission requirements, depts and who is involved in different depts, building maintenance, who’s in what small group, and the list continues!
Is this something TB would do well or is it better handled in a database like PanX? Would appreciate any thoughts on this!