Visualizing attribute-defined relations through links: from a nested outline of parts into a flattened map view of the whole

Following Keep link on agent's query update - #6 by bmscmoreira and http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/forum//YaBB.cgi?num=1467627314/0#0, I’m working on a Tinderbox “model” that allows me to see, in a flattened map view, the relations defined in key attributes of deeply nested notes. Explaining:

1. Inside a “Prototypes” container, I have several prototypes: “pA”, “pB”, “pC”;
  2. each of these prototypes has, as key attributes of the list type, a place to define its relationship with the others; eg. prototype “pA” has key attributes “relatedB” and “relatedC”;
  3. inside “Nested outline view of the parts” container I have several notes with one of the prototypes assigned, and its key attributes filed, defining their relation with other notes;
  4. inside “Flattened map view of the whole” agent I collect aliases of the notes descended from the previous container, applying action code in order to create links between aliases, as defined in their original’s key attributes; and some visual cues, with the aliases width and height representing the number of outbound and inbound links.

It’s almost done for my goal, except for one thing which I can’t seem to make it work. I’d like to make links recyprocal. I.e., if note “A_i1” has the value of “B_i2” in its attribute “relatedB”, I’d like the note “B_i2” to get “A_i1” automatically assigned to its “relatedA” attribute. (hope it makes sense!).

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this?

Meanwhile, here’s the current state of the model – it can be downloaded here: tbx file

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how this comes along. File opens fine and the explanation all makes sense.

thanks :slight_smile: I realized that I accidently pressed the submit button without the post being completed; now it’s complete, with a (hopefully) simple request in the end! :slight_smile:

(the links on the map view still reflect the non abstract version of the model – I’m trying to relate actors, plans, and objectives – will be fixed on the final version)

Thanks for this. I have been experimenting with similar approaches over the years, and it is very useful to see what you have done.

You’re welcome! Now I just need to figure out the 2-way sync between key attributes :grinning: