Wanted: Poster Notes Examples

Tinderbox Help states:

A separate sample Tinderbox is available in the forum with numerous examples of posters for creating histograms, geographical visualizations, complex graphs, chemical structues[sic], and much else.

Could someone point me to that? I’ve been able to embed a web page, a YouTube video that plays, and X (Twitter) posts, but would like to study examples of more interesting uses.

Hi @sumnerg,

try this forum post:

You can also get it from here:

Thanks @abusch! Attachment in a thread about “title starts with Japanese.”

@satikusala I looked before in that thread, and just looked again. If an example TBX file with Poster Notes is there, a logical place to look, it’s well hidden!

I do see this:

The Poster Demo won’t be available until the release of 9.6

Maybe needs updating to add the example file?

(Great list of open-source libraries there!)

Try here:
Tinderbox Posters.tbx (843.6 KB)

I’ve posted variants of this on the forum 2-4 times now. This might not be the very latest…

1 Like

Oh, you’re right. We never did up up the poster demo. I’ll do it now.

Thank you. Amazing how “lightweight” some of these seem to be–lots of power, very little code.

On the website embed (aTbRev) I see links are clickable. After clicking is there a way to get ‘back’ to the original view?

SG

No. At present, I would avoid interactivity in posters (though it’s fine for the poster to use data gathered from your changing Tinderbox notes.)

1 Like

More on posters…

In my view, it is a mistake to think of posters as a way of embedding a web browser in a Tinderbox map.

Instead, think of the poster as a canvas on which you can draw, using any of the myriad visualization tools that have been, and continue to be, developed for embedding diagrams in web pages. If you have a diagram that you might embed on a web page, you can now embed that diagram in a map view — and it can draw its data from your Tinderbox document.

1 Like

Yes, you can then print this via an include into your exports…super handy.

2 Likes

That is handy! And it seems the export respects the size of the canvas. Drag the Poster Note larger, and the export (and the rendition in the Preview Pane) reflect the new dimensions.

2 Likes