Tinderbox Forum

Why is my Tinderbox crashing so much?

Hello,

I purchased an upgrade last month.

This is a bit Urgent

My tinderbox crashes every time I am in my “watched folders” trying to check my apple notes.

Just not able to work and it is driving me nuts, as I take a lot of quick notes on apple notes and this integration for a life saver for me, but Tinderbox crashes within seconds I get into my watched folder.

Update

It not crashing now.

But I would like to know, why it is happening?

This is difficult for the forum—as fellow users—to diagnose as most likely it relates to your system and your notes. I’m not aware of a general problem with watched folders and notes.

As Tinderbox’s ‘watch’ is one way - it just generates copies of the currently watched notes, you could try deleting the current watched folder, then saving and closing the TBX document. then re-open and re-watch Notes. If the problem persists, it may be a problem within your Notes infrastructure. to be clear, nothing your doing is wrong, but there may be a hidden gremlin in your Apple Notes data. Another factor is whether you use the iCloud or not. aAt that point it might be better to contact formal Tech Support (info tinderbox@eastgate.com) as a closer look at you TBX may be required. [Edit: fixed email address to use one recommended below by @eastgate]

Also as a general point. For issues like crashes, if it’s urgent, I’d suggest contacting support as well as posting here. This is a user-to-user forum, so we can’t see under the hood of the app so those sort of issues are harder to advise upon.

1 Like

BTW, watch folders are great! I find Drafts to be a more extensible tool for managing notes, and there is a GREAT apple script that you can use to send your notes in Drafts to Tinderbox. I need to do a video on this.

1 Like

Hey Mark,

Will write an email to you if the crash issue becomes unbearable.

I have deleted the watched folder and added again. It seems to have stabilised. But if it starts crashing again, I will connect over an email.

oh, I am falling in love with apple notes as it getting exciting with iOS 15 releasing and the ability to call up apple note from anywhere seems to be a great feature.

Have been used drafts for long also, love it. But I have never worked with apple scripts so there is a learning curve friction for me.

Will check out your recommended option too.

Thanks Michael.

Sending your crash logs to tinderbox@eastgate.com is highly recommended and very helpful.

1 Like

Not to me :slight_smile: - I’m just a fellow user (whilst also mod/admin of the forum here) and not part of Eastgate. Please use: tinderbox@eastgate.com to contact Tinderbox Technical support.

2 Likes

Oh boy, I confused you with Mark Bernstein. Apologies

No worries—I’m flattered! :rofl:

2 Likes