Dashboard with a calendar view and some graphs

Hello!

My name is Rafael and I’m a manager of an anesthesia group (and new to tinderbox).
Im trying to use tinderbox to organize better our group, and make the process of key performance indicators more useful and easy.
So what I need is to make a dashboard with a calendar view with the names of every anesthetist in the day they work. There is some regularity, for instance: every Thursday Rafael works all day (but sometimes he can shift his work with another one).
I figured it out hot to export as a html file the calendar, but can’t do that in the dashboard.
I don’t know if this would be the most effective way to input the data…
sorry for real newbie question… but how could I use prototypes to achieve this? Is there any form of automating this process?
The values I need for every day are;
Day
Name of the anesthetist
Hours they worked
Value of the period worked
A bonus if they were called
Tks very much!
Rafael

How many anesthesiologists?

If there’s not too many — say a dozen or two — I might use map view and adornments. One example for a similar tasks is discussed here: Planning With Tinderbox on Vimeo

But there are lots of approaches!

Tks for the reply, but the Vimeo site was denied to me… :grimacing::grimacing:

Now we have just 5 anesthesiologists, one for each day distributed as:
One for the morning period (07-13)
One for the afternoon (13-19)
And one for the night (19-07) that receives a bonus if is called.

Corrected Vimeo link: Planning With Tinderbox on Vimeo

See also Covid 19 Dashboard Creation thread, which had ample ideas.

See COVID-19 Dashboard Creation

Thanks very much!!

These are really good ways to start my project!

1 Like

I Started my project with some examples of the Mark Vimeo video (Thanks for that!). I made a calendar with multiple containers and put every anesthesiologist as a prototype. So when I add an anesthesiologist to a determined date, the string $Valor (the $$ of the shift) and the $Turno (Round) is populated.
Is there any way I could populate the Strings of the containers (Date and month) with a rule so I don’t have to manually populate them when building a new month?
Also I don’t know how I would populate the $StartDate and $EndDate of the Prototype since the Day and month are from the columns and the times are from the cells…

Really sorry for this newbie questions (and for the bad English…)Example.tbx (335.0 KB)

I don’t see a good way to automate setting up the adornments for a new month.

Idea: make a container called “new month”, and inside it arrange all your adornments. (You could make a copy of your current setup and paste it in “new month” to get a head start.).

Now, when you want to make a new month, copy new month and then paste. This will make a new container and also all of its contents.

A neater approach might be to make new month a prototype. When a note adopts a prototype, it receives copies of all descendants of the prototype. So now, you could make a note août 2020 and let the new note use new month as its prototype.

If it were me, I’d start with copy/paste. That’s simple and pretty fast. Adopt the prototype scheme later if you need it.

Hi!
Tks for the reply!

I changed a bit how to input the data… I made some parent notes (Year, Months, days) and the shift period (morning, afternoon and night), with some rules, So with few changes I can make the entire setup, and with a javascript calendar I can see my month shifts in one window.
I’m struggling with the differences between Rules, Actions and edicts. Could you please help me if I could make some rules that when I make a query with an agent the values that depend on the parents aren’t changed?Example.tbx (859.3 KB)

Rules run all the time. this is bound to the note that has the rule.

Edicts run once an hour. this is bound to the note that has the rule.

OnAdd actions run when a note or its alias is added to a container or agent. this is bound to the note being added.

2 Likes

Tks!!