Tinderbox Lesson - Becker's July 2022 Session with his Patrons

Tinderbox Lesson - Becker’s July 2022 Session with his Patrons

Level Advanced
Published Date 7/22/22
Revision 1
Tags 5CKMEl, 5Cs of Knowledge Management and Exchange, Action Code, Endnotes, Footnotes, Markdown, Patreon, Templates, Tinderbox, aTbRef
Video Length 57:38
Video URL Tinderbox Lesson - Becker's July 2022 Session with his Patrons - YouTube
Example File TBX L - Becker Patron 22JUL22 Adv Templates and Footnotes.tbx (481.5 KB)
TBX Version 9.3
Instructor Michael Becker

In this session, we covered a lot: 1) a draft model for managing footnotes in Tinderbox, 2) merging multiple templates into mixed template output (e.g. merging pages, with task tables, with missed text/image layouts), leveraging syntax highlighting and more. This is an advanced session and relies heavily on Markdown, Pandoc, Stamps, Action Code, and more.

Note: at the end of the session I attempted to put the footnotes on the top level of the templates. I had neglected an “}” in the action code and got it working after the call. Also, following the call, I refined the create draft stamp to create a draft that will display endnotes across an entire document for publication. In the video, near the end, you’ll see that we were struggling using the Tinderbox create footnote function, the menu was greyed out. I found that this menu is enabled when you select text in $Text (see Footnote sub-menu). Finally, I’ve nearly perfected a stamp to create footnotes by section, not just endnotes; we’ll save this and a further review of these topics for our August 2022 patron session.

There is a TON of undocumented stuff going on in this file. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

NOTE: My Patrons get these demos a month early and one-on-one time with me via Zoom each month. If you’d like this, please consider becoming a patron.

TBXBeckerJuly2022PatronSession

Complete video list

You’ll find a Tinderbox reference file for this video on the Tinderbox Forum: Mastering Tinderbox: Training Videos (Complete List)

Need more help with Tinderbox?

If you need more help with Tinderbox, come on over to the Tinderbox Forum, https://forum.eastgate.com/, a vibrant community with members the revel in helping each other. You’ll find every walk of life at the forum—academics, authors, musicians, engineers, scientists, artists, philosophers, lawyers, doctors, and more, who are all looking to use Tinderbox, and related apps (like DevonThink, TexExpander, Zotero, Pandoc, BBEdit, Highlights, etc.) to manage the 4Cs of knowledge-making and exchange (collection, curation, creation, and contribution). Ask your question and you will be answered. We also hold weekly meetups to discuss Tinderbox how-tos, strategies, tactics, share examples, and more.

A Tinderbox Reference File

You can find The Tinderbox Reference File at A Tinderbox Reference File. This is an amazing, invaluable, resource, developed by Mark Anderson, that includes an overview of every Tinderbox capability.

You’re Invited To Be My Patron:

A lot goes into creating these training videos. If you’re getting value from these videos and are open to supporting my efforts, I respectfully ask that you consider becoming one of my patrons by making a monthly contribution. :pray: https://www.patreon.com/tinderboxcourses?fan_landing=true :pray:

An invitation to connect

Life is change. To meet the moment, I’m constantly on the lookout to understand what I should keep doing, stop doing, or do differently. I’m on a mission to understand the 4Cs of knowledge management (collection, curation, creation, and contribution) and for insights to balance The Identity Nexus—the intersection where equitable personal data & identity exchange happens. I’m looking to understand the personal data & identity marketplace—to track leading organizations, people, and resources (strategies, use cases, business models, standards, people’s sentiments, etc.). I welcome the opportunity for industry collaboration. Let’s connect on,

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/privacyshaman/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacyshaman