Tinderbox Training Video 26 - Daily Journal Time Tracking Project Management Part 1

Bild 31.01.21 um 15.31
the color is not blue. I tried to set a start gate and I can type in a date, or select a day, but it is not saved, when I go back it is gone. So I can not get the Project going, somehow.

Don’t forget, attribute names are case-sensitive thus $attrname and $AttrName are not the same attribute; the same is true for action code funxtions/operators. So, you want $Name.beginsWith or $Name.contains

Hi Werner, you’re not doing anything wrong.

Try this. As you now have a child of the project, the project will adopt the earliest date as the start date and the latest date as DueDate. So in Tsk- Task go ahead and set the $StartDate and $DueDate to something like this:

Also, for fun, tap on the “prototype selector”, the rectable to the left the ink arrow, with two fingers, and apply the task prototype:

I’ll work on a video this week to explain what’s going on.

1 Like

The color of the task changed as explained in your one by one explanation.
Thanks a lot.
WernerBild 31.01.21 um 19.32

1 Like

I’ve just updated the file, also added a related lesson: Tinderbox Training Video 27 - TBX - Deconstructing Daily Journal Date Descendants Management.

1 Like

Highly recommend watching this video if you want to get inspired. Thank you Michael.

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

this video was absolutely amazing. Looking forward to tinkering with the file! How is the book project coming along? Have a great start to the week,

All the best,

doc_c

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile: book is coming. I have two more to finish before I tackle the Tinderbox book. A draft in Aug/Spet. is possible.

2 Likes

Will be happy to proof-read the manuscript… I am also a key tester: if I can follow and put its contents into practice, anyone can :wink:

Wishing you much success with your current projects / books! Thanks for all you share on this Forum / your channel!

Cheers

1 Like